Doug Stevens has been conducting a monthly series of (invitation only) Seminars for 1st and 2nd year real estate graduates at West End (London) based retail orientated practices.
The Seminars are informal one hour sessions covering in relatively brief detail a range of property topics. They are not part of any formal training or CPD programme and are conducted on a voluntary basis by Doug.
The attached notes are for the benefit of the attendees of the Seminars and are not for wider distribution.
Monday 18th January 2016 SEMINAR 18 - Inspecting Commercial Property – The Art and The Science by Keith Whale of GCW
Monday 22nd February 2016 SEMINAR 19 - Rating Valuation and Q&A
- What changes are proposed to Sunday Trading Hours?
- Will a court make a tenant take a 10 year lease when they only want a 5 year lease?
- Are pre-packs fair?
- Caveat Emptor
- IPMS (Offices)
- Purple Book
- S. 106 & CIL
Monday 16th May 2016 SEMINAR 22 - Rent Review Clauses
Monday 25th July 2016 SEMINAR 23 - Lease Renewals
Monday 22nd August 2016 SEMINAR 24 - Assigning a Lease & Underletting a Lease
Monday 19th September 2016 SEMINAR 25 - Q & A
- Conflict of Interest
- Brexit - Impacts on property sector
- ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution)
- RICS/IPMS (Measuring Codes)
- GPDO's (General Permitted Development Orders)
- RICS Real Estate & Brokerage Guidance 3rd Edition August 2016
- Methods of Sale (Statutes & Regulations)
Monday 17th October 2016 SEMINAR 26 - Arbitration & Independent Expert
Monday 21st November 2016 SEMINAR 27 - Valuing Large Stores
Monday 19th December 2016 SEMINAR 28 - Apprentice Style Quiz on Range of Property Issues