When Douglas Stevens & Co Ltd holds your data, we commit to ensuring that it is held securely and that
your privacy is safeguarded.
line with current data protection regulations, any personal data obtained by us from any
interaction or communication with you directly or indirectly via our website, social media
pages, interactive services, email, telephone, face-to-face, or data we collect that is part of
your public profile on a third-party social network or from the public domain.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your
personal data and how we will treat it.
You will find our contact details at the end of this policy which you can use if you have any
questions, wish to update or access your personal data, wish to withdraw consent to the use
of your data or wish to make a complaint.
We may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website. You
should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
1. What we collect
We receive, collect and hold, some or all, the following information:
· job title, company/business name
· contact information including email address, postal address and telephone number
· details of previous involvement with Douglas Stevens
· relationship status with us: eg client, applicant, business contact etc
· for companies on annual listings: annual company turnover, number of employees –
obtained from publically available data sources eg Companies House
· invoicing information where relevant
· statistical analysis of website usage based on automatic collection of user browsing
data – our web servers automatically store details of: your browser and operating
system; the website from which you visit; the pages you visit on our website; the date
of your visit; and, for security reasons, the Internet protocol (IP) address assigned to
you by your internet service. Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your
device and stored on its hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you
· copies of your correspondence with us.
· source of the enquiry
2. How we use the data we hold
· to correspond and communicate with you
· to periodically send promotional or informative emails – using the email address
which you have provided – about property availability, market information, or other
information if we think they may be of relevance or interest to you
· to raise or settle invoices as appropriate
· to allow statistical analysis which we may use to improve our website and any
· to enable market research
· to inform serviced office operators of an office requirement, if applicable
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your data for any of these purposes at any time
– see section 6 below.
We are committed to ensuring that the data we hold is secure. In order to prevent
unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place procedures to safeguard and secure all
data we collect.
Where data is held on secure servers of third party service providers, we have established
that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure that your privacy rights continue to
be protected as outlined in this policy.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies
or practices of third-party websites.
4. How long we keep your data for
We retain personal data:
· for as long as it is being used for the purposes stated in this policy, or
· until we receive notification from you that you withdraw your consent for us to use it
for those purposes and require us to remove the data from our records. To do so see
section 6 below.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask us:
· for a copy of the data we hold about you
· to update the data we hold about you
· to stop using the data for any or all of the purposes specified
· to remove all the data we hold about you
To action, contact us by email or in writing using the contact details in section 6 below.
6. Withdrawing consent to use the data we hold about you, or accessing or amending it
We commit to using your data only for the purposes stated in this policy until such time as
you withdraw your consent for us to do so.
To withdraw your consent for us to:
· hold your data, or
· use it as specified in this policy
or to access or amend the data held by us,
contact us at:
For the purpose of current data protection regulations, the data controller is:
Douglas Stevens & Co Limited
255-256 Linen Hall
162-168 Regent Street
In accordance with data protection regulations, we have notified the Office of the
Information Commissioner of our data processing activities.